Talk

Advanced search

long lost sisters

(2 Posts)
wineoclock27 Wed 10-Oct-12 20:24:41

My dhs biologcal father walked him on him and his mum nearly 40 years ago when he was a baby. Both of his parents have sadley passed away. dh has always known he had a half sister but has recently discoverd he has two half sisters after some digging on fb we have found both sisters. dh is in a pickle doesnt know if he should contact them. what would you do? what would you say?

ATourchOfInsanity Wed 10-Oct-12 20:28:53

Not quite the same but my mum was adopted and when she died I looked into her biological family. I found her birth mum, who was 87 by then, and decided instead to contact my cousin on FB (1yr older than me, it turns out) as I thought it was not such a shock for an old lady.
I am personally really glad I did. I see my mum's half sister regularly now and she is a bit like a grandma to my DD. I worded the email in a way that said, if you don't want to know then that is fine and I accept and understand that. They also might want proof - birth certificate or whatever to confirm the parent in common. Hope it goes well for you.
maybe wait until after Christmas tho if you are stingy as you never know how many extra presents you may feel obliged to get wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now