Talk

Advanced search

Not well but got a family hen do this weekend

(9 Posts)
mrsmplus3 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:35:05

I am off work with a viral infection and have been given a course of antibiotics to take for a full week. My dilemma is I have an in laws hen weekend this weekend and although I've paid up for everything I really don't want to go now.
They're going to be drinking all weekend which I now can't/don't want to do. Although I know I'll prob feel better by Saturday I just don't want to set myself back by forcing myself to go when ideally id rather take it easy this weekend so I'm fit for next week.
Anyway, my question is "what would you do?" suck it up and go or suit yourself and stay home?
Incase you can't already tell i want to stay home.

mrsmplus3 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:36:20

Oops just seen I've repeated myself, it's cause I'm doped up to the eyeballs here in bed.

dinkystinky Wed 10-Oct-12 14:37:38

If you are ill, you're ill - just tell them you cant make it because you're ill and email/call the bride to explain (and promise her a night out to celebrate when you're better). You've already paid up front so will forfeit that money.

KeithLeMonde Wed 10-Oct-12 14:39:40

How far away is it? Can you go for part of it but not stay out for the drinking and clubbing?

mrsmplus3 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:40:19

Exactly. I'll wait and see how I feel on fri before I say anything. I might be dying to get out the house by then but j don't think so. The kids have been a bit neglected this week so if I do anything this weekend it would be to spoil them- well, at least make them a decent dinner and take them out for a bit.

mrsmplus3 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:40:42

It's 3 hours drive away.

AhsokaTano Wed 10-Oct-12 14:42:41

Phone the Hen with your apologies and concentrate on getting better. You won't be any fun if you're feeling ropey anyway.

Will your in law be understanding do you think?

mrsmplus3 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:45:09

Just to explain a bit more my husband wants me to go which has pissed me off a bit. He's more concerned with how it looks if I don't go rather than how sick I feel just now and by the time i feel better at the weekend all I'll want to do is get my house in order again and get myself healthy- not troll around for 2 days trying to mix with everyone and chat and be funny etc etc while they drink! Do you see how demented that would make one? Aarrgghhh! grin

mrsmplus3 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:48:59

I think my in law will be fine. Disappointed but ok. They'll prob say just come you'll be fine etc but I know myself. It will be a 2 day chore. I work fulltime and have 3 kids. I'm at a stage in my life where I'm beginning to say no to things as I don't have time to please others as well as my kids and husband. My time off is precious. I don't think I'm prepared to spend 2 days off doing something I don't want to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now