Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS's friend may be being bullied

(4 Posts)
iceandsliceplease Wed 03-Oct-12 21:22:53

DS (Yr3) has a good friend, let's call her Jane. Jane is a lovely girl, with a good group of friends but a little lacking in confidence, after a few bad years at another school. DS has told me a few times in the last ten days that she's been picked on by one or two other boys and that he and other friends have defended her and told the teachers. The school seem to have taken it seriously and dealt with it well. I've told him that's good and to keep doing it, but also that Jane should talk to her mum about it. I'm fairly good friends with Jane's mum, but she hasn't mentioned any problems to me, so I'm not sure if Jane has told her mum about it.

So my dilemma is do I mention it to Jane's mum, just to make sure she's aware of it, or should I just leave it and not stick my nose in? And if I do say something, what's the best way to do so?

iceandsliceplease Thu 04-Oct-12 22:19:07

Bump.

MerylStrop Thu 04-Oct-12 22:20:46

I'd stick my nose in

I'd just tell her what DS had told me. And ask if I could help.

iceandsliceplease Thu 04-Oct-12 22:37:55

Thanks Meryl. DS said this evening that he & Jane 'look out for each other' at playtime, so hopefully it won't be out of the blue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now