Talk

Advanced search

Pic of ex friend topless on internet - should I tell her?

(6 Posts)
Dotellorno Wed 03-Oct-12 20:39:45

I had a friend and we drifted apart for various reasons that aren't at all applicable here. Basically we have seen each other on occasion since and are friendly enough but are not as close as once were. I harbor no grudges and this is really not about that, it just complicates whether I contact her to let her know.

Recently there was a bit of a media scandal about a high profile person and I googled images to be nosy. Someone out there has put a pic of her under the heading of the public figure in question, split screen pic of her and photoshopped the famous person's head onto the mirror image. I think this is probably her ex as she once told me that he had apparently posted naked images of her in the past. It is the second image you see, which is why I think she should know as it is so easy to find.

My question is, should I just leave well alone and assume someone has told her and she is trying to get it taken down or should I let her know? I really can't decide whether or not she would shoot the messenger or be grateful. I honestly am trying to think how I would feel if it happened to me but am struggling as to whether I am the right person to tell her.

SuperB0F Wed 03-Oct-12 20:49:06

Couldn't you just report it to the site it is on, saying you know it was posted without her consent?

Dotellorno Wed 03-Oct-12 20:50:51

Is that possible? How do I do that? Sorry, bit clueless about these things tbh. You don't think I should alert her of it, or that someone has done it in case she can sort out the problem itself?

Anypointinseeingdoc Wed 03-Oct-12 20:55:18

I would contact her to let her know.

SuperB0F Wed 03-Oct-12 20:57:53

There's usually a contact us link or similar, or you can look up who runs the site on whoismydomain or something like that. Someone here will know.

Dotellorno Wed 03-Oct-12 21:27:45

I can't see a contact us button at all...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now