Talk

Advanced search

Spent £360 on 2 coats that were delivered & left on doorstep . They are now missing what do I do?

(5 Posts)
freakazoidroid Mon 01-Oct-12 22:20:13

I bought 2 down coats from a online shop. They cost £360 . They were delivered by hdnl.
I was collecting my daughter from school when they were apparently delivered. I checked from looking at the tracking info.
However, when we got home an hour or so later there was no sign of any package. I rang the company where I bought them from and they told me they had left the package on the doorstep!
They have made me wait since thursday for a reply. They now say I have to sign a certificate of non delivery. In the meantime I am £360 out of pocket with no coats. Can they do that? To be honest I just want my money back now!

freakazoidroid Mon 01-Oct-12 22:23:49

Bump help!

freakazoidroid Mon 01-Oct-12 22:58:38

Bump

Annianni Mon 01-Oct-12 23:04:56

How did you pay? If by credit or debit card, can you contact the bank?

I don't know what else to suggest, sorry.
Try re-posting in chat, or legal?

SavoyCabbage Mon 01-Oct-12 23:17:28

This happened to me recently (I don't live in the uk) with my new British passport. Australia post delivered it somewhere else and it was signed for. They can't remember where. They have the signature of the other person!

It cost me about $300 I think and I couldn't get any compensation as the sender (British High Commission) was the one that was insured not me! And as far as they were concerned it was delivered and signed for. Also it was only insured for $100. Not that I got that.

Things will be different in the uk I bet. Once I has an amazon box pinched off my doorstep and amazon sent out another one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now