Talk

Advanced search

Someones discharge in swimsuit? PLEASE HELP.

(21 Posts)
alwaysworriedtoo Sun 30-Sep-12 16:19:18

I tried on a swimsuit with my pants on in a sports shop. I bought the swimsuit. The next day i tried it on again with pants on. I decided that the suit would be okay. But when I went to peel out the plastic hygene sticker I saw what looked like white marks on the gusset.
Now. Is is someones discharge?
Is it just something in the material?
Whatever it is It has put me off wearing it.
I am going to take it back and exchange it.
BUT. now I am worried about if it was someones discharge; i washed yesterdays pants with other washing. I have put the pants I was wearing today to try on the suit in the wash along with my trousers that I was wearing.
Will washing these clothes get rid of anything nasty? Should I wash it all again?
I know it might sound a bit odd but when I get anxious I Get Anxious!

Please help. What would you do in the same situation?
I do need help!
I am trying to reasure myself with the thought that If I never saw it and just put them in the wash I would never know..
I have tried on stuff in charity shops and might not have noticed anything in those clothes and bought them and washed them.

But I am still a bit trembly...

SirBoobAlot Sun 30-Sep-12 16:21:50

It will be fine. Put some anti bac on them if it makes you feel better.

I'd probably spray anti bac on the swim suit, wash it, and keep it, to be honest.

MrsMiniversCharlady Sun 30-Sep-12 16:21:57

Could be glue from the stick bit?

MrsMiniversCharlady Sun 30-Sep-12 16:22:14

sticky paper i mean

AgentProvocateur Sun 30-Sep-12 16:25:13

You won't be able to take it back and exchange it once you have removed the hygiene strip. What would I do? Stick it in the washing machine and wear it. I'm conscious that you maybe have some anxiety disorder, so I'm trying not to be too blunt, but you're really overreacting hugely. Even if it was discharge - which I doubt. More likely to be sticker residue - you won't catch anything, and washing all your clothes twice is madness.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 30-Sep-12 16:48:06

I would wash it and wear it/keep it. Chances are its glue residue.

alwaysworriedtoo Sun 30-Sep-12 16:52:53

Should have said , white marks weren't under the plastic...
Thanks for the views up to now...
Still feeling a bit wierd about it though blush

SchrodingersMew Sun 30-Sep-12 16:56:52

That's a bit gross but maybe a slight over reaction.

Could you phone the store and explain to them and ask them if they would return it? Might save some embarrasment if they try and say it's yours.

LynetteScavo Sun 30-Sep-12 17:01:00

Oh, just wash everything on an extra long wash with a small amount of disinfectant in it.

Are you actually going to wear the swimming costume in a public swimming pool? If so, you are over reacting.

alwaysworriedtoo Sun 30-Sep-12 20:34:46

I am starting to admit to others I have a bit of an anxiety disorder. I watched a programme about O.C.D and realise I have some contamination issues. ( rigid rules about food hygene, are food containers properly sealed fastened before I open them for the first time, soil contamination on grown food and in the dry soil that might be breathed in, worries about horrid smells /drainish, are they dangerous/legionaires)
I think it comes down to not knowing what the realities of 'dangerous' contamination is. This 'discharge' could possibly be nothing but it could be just discharge or some sort of leakage from a sexually transmited disease? What are the chances of catching anything like that from clothing?

bigkidsdidit Sun 30-Sep-12 20:36:49

Wash it at 90 if you think the fabric will stand up to it

Nothing survives 90 smile

CaptainKirksNipples Sun 30-Sep-12 20:37:20

Probably much higher chance of catching something in a swimming pool! Just wash it and wear it...

PacificDogwood Sun 30-Sep-12 20:37:21

Nil.

You sound like you could really do with some help with your anxiety issues.
The swim suit will be fine after a wash.
You will be fine with some help. See your GP.

FannyFifer Sun 30-Sep-12 20:43:46

I'm surprised you are able to go swimming with the level of anxiety you have over a white mark on a swimsuit.

Even if it was someone's discharge, what do you think you could catch from it?
Highly unlikely that there would be anything contagious whatsoever.

Would think if rather unlikely that its discharge on the costume.

Just put costume in wash, job done.

alwaysworriedtoo Mon 01-Oct-12 11:23:19

Thanks all.
I have decided to be sensible 'get over it!' (I shout to myself) and wash the swimsuit And wear it.
I will spray it first with antibac and stain remover and wash it at 40. I know its not just bunging it in the wash but my version helps.
I did some research and spoke to another person as well and all info seems unanimous.
I have been reading up on anxiety issues and have come to the conclusion that I have G.A.D with slight O.C.D (read about it on proper mental health site.) I think changing my diet might help, also lots of relaxation tequnicues(sp?) to try out and positive thoughts. All these things were promoted as first self help, if they dont work after a few months the next step is to see g.p.(Even crystal energy to rebalance hormones)
The sensible part of me (cos really I am generally sensible and highly intellegent) knows that everything I have previously shown any anxiety over has come to nothing. So thats that! Thanks everybody again for taking the time to comment.

alwaysworriedtoo Mon 01-Oct-12 11:23:38

thanks

Blu Mon 01-Oct-12 11:28:30

Glad you have worked out something re the swimming costume.

As you are aware that anxiety is giving you some problems in your life, I would go straight to the GP and ask about CBT, and get yourself feeling more confident without further ado.

alwaysworriedtoo Mon 01-Oct-12 18:25:33

Well the suit was sprayed with antibacterial detol spray and left to soak a bit and then soaked with copious amounts of wash powder and is now in the washing machine with a prewash and extra rinse at 40 degrees. But I am still feeling a bit wierd about this.AAgh!
I'm not contaminating my washer am I .GGGrrr!
Sorry I needed to get this out of my system.

Blu Mon 01-Oct-12 19:23:08

No, it will be absolutely fine.

DoIDare Mon 01-Oct-12 19:32:05

I think there is no biological reason to get this out of perspective, but I'd be mightily pissed off to buy swimwear with discharge in it. I'd be miffed if it were sweaty shoes or lipstick on a jacket too.

HecateHarshPants Mon 01-Oct-12 19:36:29

Oh, you poor bugger. It must be really awful to suffer from anxiety like this. I hope that you can go and ask for some support, agree that CBT is good. I've had it for a truly horrendous needle phobia and it is no exaggeration to say it changed my life!

Think it through. The plastic film was covering it. In order for discharge to be below the film, someone must have taken off the film and replaced it, or discharge seeped through a non porous film specifically designed so that nothing gets through. How likely is it that it is discharge? It really isn't. This is your anxiety talking.

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now