Talk

Advanced search

ExH left DD(5) at party without saying he was going

(4 Posts)
Minstrelsaremarvellous Sun 30-Sep-12 12:57:52

He didn't tell her he was leaving her there and understandably she got upset when she couldn't find him and didn't know when he was coming back. I don't mind her being left at parties as long as it's explained that we're coming back at a certain time etc.. She's generally happy staying places and has settled into school brilliantly. However, I always take care to explain if I'm leaving her somewhere, where I'm going and when i'll be back. He's dropping her back this afternoon and I wondered whether is should have a little chat to explain this? It's reassurance for her.

Schlock Sun 30-Sep-12 12:59:52

Assuming he's a reasonable man and a decent father couldn't you just ask him to tell her that he's leaving next time?

Sorted!

mellen Sun 30-Sep-12 13:00:02

How did you find out what happened? Did he tell you?

Minstrelsaremarvellous Sun 30-Sep-12 13:05:15

I saw another mum last night and she said my DD was upset (and explained how she was). He is pretty reasonable and I'm not going to launch into some tirade - so I'll probably just kind of mention it this afternoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now