Talk

Advanced search

WWYD? DCs' Karate instructor has "liked" A BNP photo on FB.

(12 Posts)
FocusClap Mon 24-Sep-12 17:35:16

He's just a young lad, got an excellent business/marketing head, but is incredibly immature.
He is my FB friend and uses FB as a marketing tool, so I assume he has other parents on his friends list.
Do I have a motherly word with him about the inapproriateness of it? And if so, do I go further and tell him wha a nob he's being for having such a political affiliation.
Class starts in 30 mins.

OrangecatinGoldboots Mon 24-Sep-12 17:37:13

I would have a quiet word and suggest nicely that he shouldn't mix his political beliefs with his business as some people may find it offensive.

Suggest he has a separate fb page for work clients etc

thebestisyettocome Mon 24-Sep-12 17:38:43

I would definitely mention it and probably go as far as saying if he pollutes your fb with racist crap you'll pull your business from him.

roundtable Mon 24-Sep-12 17:40:29

Personally, I think I would withdraw my dc from his class telling him why. But I have no tolerance at all for things like that.

If he's old enough to be in a position of influence with young children, then he's old enough to know better IMO.

SuperB0F Mon 24-Sep-12 17:41:29

I agree with roundtable.

FocusClap Mon 24-Sep-12 17:47:22

I know I really should, but I fell I would be punishing my DS by removing him from class. Tbh, I don't do FB that frequently and I could be completely unaware of this idiocy. I have not seen any evidence of it in class or social time with him.
I shall give him the heads up of how completely wrong it is to even think along those lines, let alone in such a visible manner.

roundtable Mon 24-Sep-12 17:50:35

Is he the only karate instructor in your area then?

I wouldn't see it as punishing my ds, I would explain the situation to them, hopefully ensuring that they grow up with a strong moral backbone. Then I would find a new instructor for them.

Shutupanddrive Tue 09-Oct-12 14:34:25

Defiantly have a word, what is the photo? Maybe he doesn't realise what the BNP is about and has just agreed with one photo he has seen

Llareggub Tue 09-Oct-12 14:38:54

I would definitely find another class, and tell him why.

Chopstheduck Tue 09-Oct-12 14:42:57

Is not really just about using fb inappropriately though is it? It's the affiliation to BNP that is the issue. Was it absolutely clear that it was BNP?

If so, I'd withdraw. Two of my sons aren't white anyway, so I'd feel very uncomfortable continuing.

runningforme Tue 09-Oct-12 14:47:03

I'd also withdraw and tell him why. He is in a position of influence and pupils are taught to respect their martial arts instructors. I would not want someone with these views teaching my kids anything.

RillaBlythe Tue 09-Oct-12 14:49:51

What happened OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now