Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ETHICAL QUESTION

(7 Posts)
nicola1969 Tue 18-Sep-12 19:12:12

Other half had a new cleaner come in on monday to do the house.. he came home and said she did a terrible job.. plus she spilt dirty water on his carpet in his study so there a massive stain.. so he sacked her and said he was only going to pay her half her money .

i told him he was being totally unfair and i paid her money in full..

what would you have done ..?

lljkk Tue 18-Sep-12 19:14:14

I would have stayed out of it.

vodkaanddietirnbru Tue 18-Sep-12 19:15:22

why would you pay her if she did a crap job? I agree you should have stayed out of it

JeuxDEnfants Tue 18-Sep-12 19:25:13

Stayed out of it.

nicola1969 Wed 19-Sep-12 08:09:30

thats exactly what he said that i should have stayed out of it..

now he is all upset

Thumbwitch Wed 19-Sep-12 08:11:51

Agree, you should have stayed out of it. And why on earth did you think it was "unfair" to only pay her half the money, when she has created work and costs to you/OH?

If you had a really shit haircut that needed remedial work, would you pay full price for that too? If you would, you're daft.

bumperella Mon 01-Oct-12 22:04:57

If you (or a freind) started a new job, stuffed up and didn't keep the role a the end of your probation period, would you accept not being paid? Or only being paid 50% of the salary agreed?
Fine to sack her. And understandable to be REALLY CROSS about it, esp carpet. But either pay her in full (for the hours s/he actually WORKED, not the hours s/he messed about doing nothing useful), or pay her less the cost to clean the carpet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now