Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas on where to sell clothes?

(13 Posts)
CandyPlum Sun 12-Aug-12 11:44:38

The clothes I want to sell are all Boden/Monsoon (children's) and in excellent condition. Any ideas where I could sell them? Except for on here, and in a boot sale as I went to one today and I only sold about 3 items in 3 hours and spent more buying my pitch than profit! Any ideas would be great. Thank-you!

NotGeoffVader Sun 12-Aug-12 12:10:32

Try getting in touch with your local NCT group? They tend to have sales twice a year of quality items. I don't know what cut they take, as I've only bought from them smile

threeleftfeet Sun 12-Aug-12 12:12:31

car boots are for things you'd be happy to sell for £1!

Have you tried ebay?

mellen Sun 12-Aug-12 12:13:38

ebay for boden and monsoon type clothes.

CandyPlum Sun 12-Aug-12 12:17:41

I have researched things about ebay, and there seem to be alot of cons...people say you end up with hardly any profit. I originally wanted to sell on here, but my research has put me off.

mellen Sun 12-Aug-12 12:19:25

If you have a look at the completed listings on ebay, and the fee structure, you should be able to get an idea of what the profit will be.

Ineedadollar Sun 12-Aug-12 12:23:33

Local fb sites - free listing, no postage. Wonderful.

WerthersUnOriginal Sun 12-Aug-12 12:28:40

I have found that there isn't much to be made selling my children's clothes no matter how immaculate or good the label sad I just put them in the charity bag these days.

CandyPlum Sun 12-Aug-12 17:14:35

Thanks, will sell them on Ebay (:

olympicaddict Tue 14-Aug-12 10:36:48

Gumtree and ebay are where I sell mine.

RebeccaP604 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:40:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

RebeccaP604 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:44:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mum23girlys Sat 13-Oct-12 16:50:28

Local facebook sites are great esp for clothes like that. Buyer collects at a mutually convenient time and pays cash. No fees, no posting and often you get regular customers and don't even need to advertise stuff. I've 3 ladies I private message before I advertise things as they have bought off me so often. I quite often get asked if I have things. Sold a pile of snowsuits the other day as someone was collecting other stuff and just happened to ask if I might have some. Worst that can happen is a buyer doesn't turn up and you have to readvertise. Only happened to me once

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now