Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moving from Brighton - can't decide where to! Eastbourne? Littlehampton? Bognor? Seaford?

(12 Posts)
chanobear Wed 20-Jun-12 13:16:17

Hi
We currently live in Brighton and are looking to buy a house. It's too expensive here so we are considering these options - Littlehampton, Seaford, Bognor and Eastbourne. We have visited these areas and there seems to be good and bad things about each one - so we are in a bit of a pickle deciding. Work isn't a factor as we work from home.
Does anyone living in these areas have any advice? We want to stay by the sea while children are young, and want a decent primary school nearby as our little girl will need one in a couple of years. Also, a couple of mums groups would be good.
Thoughts please? It's my first post on mumsnet

RhiRhi123 Fri 22-Jun-12 15:40:52

Hi,

I live in littlehampton well actually rustington and i love it - right by the high street and the sea! it also has lovely primary schools - so i've been told my dd is 13 months. It is more expensive than littlehampton but it is a much nicer area. It depends what you are after we have a couple of nice new developments round here too.
Have you thought about maybe East preston or Angmering?
The Wickbourne centre in littlehampton is really lovely and has loads of groups and things on.

chanobear Thu 28-Jun-12 16:43:14

Thanks RhiRhi, I am going to look at Rustington as well. The beaumant Park area - is that more LIttlehampton? I have been looking at a map of the area, what is the name of Rustington High St? Is it The Street?
Thanks

RhiRhi123 Thu 05-Jul-12 11:00:28

Sorry for the late reply. Yes Beaumont park is classed as littlehampton. House prices are cheaper in Littlehampton and it's still a nice area.
Yeah it's called the street. I live just behind it!

dottygirl1 Fri 13-Jul-12 18:53:08

Just home from my first shopping trip to Rustington. Very enjoyable it was too. We live in Angmering and love it here. Have only been here for a couple of months but find there is loads in the area to do and see.

We normally go to Littlehampton for beach, playground and cycling/skateboarding along pier.

allypally1983 Sat 21-Jul-12 09:44:55

hi, i live in seaford and have done since i was 5, im nearly 30 now. seaford is a great place if youve got kids. theres loads of scholls in the area so youll never be far away from one. the town is good with a mix of everything you would need to buy and if not, eastbourne is only 20 mins down the road. the countryside is great and we have the beach and loads of kids playgrounds. house prices are not that expensive, it depends where you live in the town but still affordable unless you live near the cliffs or firle road which are £600,000 ish!!! happy times house hunting to you

Middy86 Sun 05-Aug-12 22:33:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GirlfromLondon Wed 04-Jan-17 23:41:22

Hello Chanobear,

We had the same problem. We were endlessly looking in Brighton but it's too built up and not near the sea and we wanted a bigger garden so decided to move to East Preston which is nicer than Littlehampton. It's a bit pricey but you can buy a really nice house with a big garden by the sea. The schools are good too. There is Summerly, North Lane and Georgian Gardens, all are really good schools. Hubby is working in Brighton and we currently live in Dulwich in London and are planning to move in feb to East Preston. I have been frequenting these places for about a year now and can honestly say that Rustington and East Preston are lovely areas. You get a lot more for your money as well. Hope this helps.

ToTheCrystalDome Wed 11-Jan-17 19:01:07

ToTheCrystalDome Wed 11-Jan-17 19:02:40

imsorryiasked Wed 11-Jan-17 19:08:36

Not Eastbourne - sadly nothing to recommend it these days and the schools are all over subscribed.

floopyloopy Wed 11-Jan-17 19:12:00

This was posted 4 years ago. Hope the op wasn't waiting for this thread advice! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now