Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WWYD? Original and FUN ideas needed for fundraising event for Cancer Charity...a

(8 Posts)
SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 12-Jun-12 12:57:46

My D Uncle was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer (not massively unexpected though, poor bloke), and then out of the blue a girl at work has just been told that she has terminal cancer that spread from a cyst into her liver... All very sad, I would like some ideas for charitable events that we could do to raise some money for CRUK or MacMillan that aren't really lame are a bit more original than a charity cake bake (done very often at work). I want to get loads of people on board... Please regale us with your tales of charity fun? Please???

SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 12-Jun-12 13:40:21

Anyone??? smile

bagelmonkey Tue 12-Jun-12 13:43:37

A table quiz /pub quiz?

Put on a show?

Wine tasting evening?

A cake bake-off instead of just a sale?

Kazriina Tue 12-Jun-12 13:43:39

We recently did a race night fundraiser & family fun day, we raised almost £2000 which was fantastic. The funday was BBQ, bouncy castle, face painting, guess the name stalls, raffle, cake stall, the race night was something the pub(where we held it) did annually and they were good enough to do it for us. Was one of the most successful fundraisers we have done in the last 8 years

SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 12-Jun-12 13:48:32

Ooh I like the sound of the wine tasting... smile and the fun day sounds brilliant but a lot of hard work
I think I might suggest hooking up with our work summer party then I would have a captive audience lots of people to share the planning and fun with!

SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 12-Jun-12 16:50:13

Any more?

drewdrops Mon 22-Oct-12 19:07:29

our experience is that bag packing at supermarkets work as do car washes if you have lots of spare hands- its a simple and easy way to earn a few hundred pounds in an afternoon- but really its relying and needing lots of cheap labour- like members of a scout group, or school. Else bingo nights, quiz nights (you can get questions off the internet but make sure they are good questions) and race nights all work. Just keep the event simple - I'd skip bouncy castles and the like(!) Cancer is an emotional subject and a great 'crowd puller' nearly everyone has experienced a loss. I would go for the race night because you can have a large audience and you may have numbers limited with a quiz, or another sit down event such as bingo. Besudes it is a loud event and more sociable especuially if you hold in a venue with a bar. Just get races sponsored before the event and the horses too and you'll have a profit before you start. Times are difficult just now so you might try looking at novel race nights to get more interest and attract the masses. A pub is a great venue and if they get the drinks sales they will be delighted to hold the event at no charge. Good luck.

SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 23-Oct-12 09:20:04

Brilliant, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now