Talk

Advanced search

Should I risk trusting this service will materialise?

(5 Posts)
iarebaboon Wed 12-Oct-11 14:00:14

I bought a course of IPL hair removal on groupon. It was very cheap and something I have really really wanted for some time

A date was set for a skin patch test at the salon, about 30 mins drive away

I arrived to find the salon boarded up. Phoned - emailed no response. The website had something on it about the salon being vandalised but the land line phone number was removed and I was unable to get an answer from the mobile number given. I heard nothing fir a fortnight and so

I asked for a refund, which should be sorted soon

I've just had an email from the woman saying she had sent emails to say this is now a mobile service. Sorry I didn't get one, but she'll give me a voucher to say sorry, would I like to rebook or have a full refund?

Head says refund, I'm on maternity leave and quite skibt, i can't risk losing the £. Particularly as the treatments will be done over the course of a few months and I don't have much faith that she will stick around to do them. Also I suspect her equipment might be a bit crap being mobile n all and perhaps I'd be better off putti g the money towards one if those things from boots that does it

But it was an excellent deal and I do want it done

Do I risk it?

Head says refund, I'm on maternity leave abs can't risk losing the £. Particularly as the treatments will ve done over the course of a few months and I don't have much faith that she will stick around to do them

caughtinanet Wed 12-Oct-11 14:33:01

I'd take the refund now and wait for another offer in the future. IPL hair removal is often on my emails. I don't actually know what it is - is it worth looking into?

Jix Wed 12-Oct-11 18:26:18

Definitely don't accept her voucher. The contract will then be with her personally and not through Group On and you won't be protected.

I once rang up a salon to check something and they offered to just do the voucher direct, rather than through Group On. I agreed as it didn't seem to make any difference to me, and then had all sorts of problems getting it sorted out. They kept promising to send the voucher (it was a gift) and it just kept not arriving. I think it took about 3 months in the end to sort it out and it was definitely Much more hassle than it was worth.

I think it's worth remembering that companies who use Group On are trying to drum up business for a reason. Either they're new or they're just crap...

glasscompletelybroken Thu 13-Oct-11 11:30:23

Refund and contact Groupon to let them know what happened.

Fixture Sun 16-Oct-11 09:44:42

Take the refund. If they're not reliable in telling you when your appointment is cancelled you don't know whether they will keep the new arrangement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now