Talk

Advanced search

children's party politics!

(7 Posts)
Joolyjoolyjoo Tue 11-Oct-11 22:23:03

Right, I really need some advice on what to do here!

got a text last night thanking me (by name) and my ds (by name) for attending a party for one of the children at his nursery, and thanking us for the lovely gift.

Checked calendar and ds was supposed to be at a party this weekend- I had texted to accept the invitation ages ago, bought a present and then....forgot all about it blush blush

Now, under normal circumstances I would on realising this have texted the mum with profuse apologies and handed the present into nursery today, but now I am not sure if that will embarass the mum, who has sent me this lovely text thanking me for the gift/ our attendance. Is it possible she thinks we were there, and will be embarrassed when she realises we weren't and she didn't notice, or do you think I should text my apologies and hand in the gift. I have even considered handing the gift in anonymously, but don't know if that makes it worse (and puts nursery staff in awkward position) Or should I say nothing and pretend I was in fact there- aaargh!!

Really don't know what to do, so thought I'd throw my predicament to the wise wummin of MN. WWYD???

Joolyjoolyjoo Tue 11-Oct-11 22:52:44

Pleeease? I need to decide to do what to do before tomorrow, as the longer I leave it the more difficult it will be to do anything blush

piprabbit Tue 11-Oct-11 22:57:51

Take the gift. Laughingly mention crossed-wires. Apologise for not letting her know you wouldn't be attending. Say you are very glad everyone had a wonderful time. Hope the gift heals the hurt.

Joolyjoolyjoo Tue 11-Oct-11 23:10:36

Thanks, piprabbit! I really do want to give the gift, just worried it might look like I ran out and bought it after getting the text (which I didn't!) I don't usually see the mum in question (I don't think, not actually sure what she looks like blush) so hopefully I can hand a card with a wee note and the gift into the nursery. Then if she is embarrassed she never needs to speak to me!

Trills Tue 11-Oct-11 23:10:45

I agree with piparabbit.

She probably had a list of people who had said yes and texted the whole list without really thinking about it.

Joolyjoolyjoo Tue 11-Oct-11 23:28:15

Right, I've wrapped the gift and written a note in the card apologising. Will hand it in tomorrow. Thanks all!

piprabbit Tue 11-Oct-11 23:33:36

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now