Talk

Advanced search

Buying presents for godson, what about his older sister?

(7 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 10-Oct-11 15:33:59

When it comes to birthdays and Christmas do you just buy for your godchild or do you buy for their siblings too?

bagelmonkey Mon 10-Oct-11 18:59:10

I'm planning to buy something for godson and his older sister, but I would have got something for each of them even if I wasn't a godparent. Won't be spending too much though, and more on godson than his sister.

whojamaflip Mon 10-Oct-11 19:06:56

With my guys its always been - godparents buy for their godchild and nothing for their siblings -mind we've got 4 dcs so it would prove expensive if they got all of them.

Same for my god daughter - pressies for Christmas and birthdays but not for her db - his mum's opinion was that he had his own godparents.

PandaNot Mon 10-Oct-11 19:18:00

My children have different godparents to each other partly for this reason. I want them to have an individual relationship with an 'non-relative' adult, everyone buying presents for everyone would negate this a little.

nappyaddict Mon 10-Oct-11 20:43:29

That's reassuring. I was planning on just buying for my godson but was worried it might be seen as mean or something.

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Mon 10-Oct-11 20:48:01

I would buy for everyone TBH.
I would be anyway but I'm close enough to the family to be asked to be godmother so am close enough to buy the other siblings something as well.

nappyaddict Mon 10-Oct-11 20:51:20

Also I wanted to ask, if your children's godparents have children do you buy them birthday and christmas presents in return?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now