Talk

Advanced search

So, travellers are moving in down the road.

(8 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sun 02-Oct-11 18:41:18

When I say down the road I mean less than a minute walk from my house. They've purchased some land and have started tarmacing and put a big fence, gate in. They're obviously going to be either building chalet things or moving the caravans in soon. No planning permission and would never get any due to the location of the land.

I've no doubt that a lot of people in the area will be up in arms about it and doing petitions, etc. But to be honest, I'm not that bothered. Am I being really stupid? I'm not really sure how many caravans they could fit in, maybe 20-30 if they really squished them in. However there's another (bigger) site a couple of miles up the road where there's only about 10 caravans and they don't cause any problems.

My mum reckons I'm mental and that I must get on to the council first thing in the morning and insist that they're stopped......... Am I being too leftie, liberal about the situation?

HelloSweetie Sun 02-Oct-11 18:45:33

take them a jelly/casserole and say welcome?

HelloSweetie Sun 02-Oct-11 18:46:11

i have no idea why you would take a jelly. i vaguelly remember some american film/book where people took jellys

ClartyScutter Sun 02-Oct-11 18:47:43

nope, nice refreshing OP there, Viva

do nothing smile

GypsyMoth Sun 02-Oct-11 18:47:44

So all those gas cannisters will be safe? Unregulated/unchecked

VivaLeBeaver Sun 02-Oct-11 18:50:51

I would say that the site is just far enough away for me not to worry if any gas cannisters blow up. Plus I reckon people who have lived in caravans all their lives probably know how to connect a gas cannister. grin

Even I can connect a gas cannister quite safely and I'm a total muppet.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 02-Oct-11 18:51:39

I don't think I'll go as far as baking them anything.

MrsMagnolia Sun 02-Oct-11 19:43:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now