Talk

Advanced search

Old Lady Issues.

(19 Posts)
TiggyD Fri 30-Sep-11 16:36:44

I was in a gift shop in Windsor when a little Old Lady was purchasing a cap. It was hot and sunny and she told her friend she just wanted something to keep the sun off. She picked out a cap with an enormous great ganja leaf on the front which she thought might be a tree.

Do you tell her? It might save her some embarrassment, but it would be rather funny to have a respectable looking little old lady pottering round the home of the Queen with a cannabis cap on.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Fri 30-Sep-11 21:06:22

Perhaps she knew?

My dad stunned me the other day by mentioning "a big reefer" shock shock and he's 70.

You have to watch these oldies you know...

But no, I wouldn't say anything. Trying to explain the drug implications may have taken a while

seeker Sun 02-Oct-11 13:31:05

Unless the "old lady" was suffering from some form of dementia, why would it be al all a problem to say "Excuse me, do you realise that that is a cannabis leaf?"

OneHandFlapping Sun 02-Oct-11 13:33:15

A seventy year old would've been only 19 in 1960. I bet a lot of them know about cannabis leaves.

seeker Sun 02-Oct-11 13:33:47

Bear in mind that people who are 70 this year were 21 in 1962. It is remotely possible that they came across the odd reefer while dancing to the Rolling Stones and the Beatles.

pixiestix Sun 02-Oct-11 13:37:36

I took my dad to the Tate Modern and he said "God, this reminds me of an acid trip I had years ago". I nearly fell over in shock.

PorkChopSter Sun 02-Oct-11 13:42:12

My elderly grandad was having a nebuliser, and through the cloud of vapour (very knowingly) grinned "it's just like opium grin"

PattySimcox Sun 02-Oct-11 13:50:37

grin at all these oldies with a happy drug history and a cat bun face shock fir good measure

GwendolineMaryLacey Sun 02-Oct-11 13:54:32

My mother (only 66) keeps reminding me that all these little old dears have done everything before us, all the sex and drugs etc. She probably knows damn well what it is and is going for comic effect smile

Pagwatch Sun 02-Oct-11 13:55:10

I had a relative who, in his 70s told me about how he had overcome his drug habit.

I want to be hmm at how astonished I am that so many people think elderly = naive but I would struggle not to include the words 'young people today'. And then I would have to shoot myself

ArmageddonOuttahere Sun 02-Oct-11 13:55:21

It is a very pretty leaf. Or maybe she's blazed a few blunts in her youth (or now?) Either way, it's her choice.

Pagwatch Sun 02-Oct-11 13:57:03

My mother once called me into a room where my sister was being really patronising about having a sex life and my mum not understanding
" quick, come here' she shouted ' your sister has apparently invented sex...'

seeker Sun 02-Oct-11 14:23:24

Just remind me- how old is Mick Jagger? oh, and friend's of ours were kept awake by Bob Geldorf's 60th birthday party last night!

Oh god, I hate the mumsnet attitude to older people. Particularly to older women.

Thumbwitch Sun 02-Oct-11 14:35:17

She's probably a member of gransnet, and has seen similar on our brew emoticon - thought she was supporting MN, perhaps grin

Thumbwitch Sun 02-Oct-11 14:36:09

PMSL at pag's mum! grin

Pagwatch Sun 02-Oct-11 15:57:30

grin
My mum is quite a funny sort. Wanders around pretending to be a bit of a dear and then comes out with stuff that makes me roar.

TiggyD Sun 02-Oct-11 20:31:31

I did tell the LOL (Little Old Lady). She giggled and bought it anyway.

Good for her.

Thumbwitch Tue 04-Oct-11 02:43:06

I like LOLs like that. I know one who is now 90 and occasionally shocks me! grin

1944girl Tue 04-Oct-11 03:07:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now