Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sending ds back to school after operation

(5 Posts)
griffalo2 Thu 22-Sep-11 22:43:34

Ds (5yrs) had an hydrocele/hernia op on Monday,consultant said he will need a week off school.
He seems to be doin ok,he says hes not in pain but I can notice him struggling when medicine wearing off.im just really not keen on sending him back to school on Monday,he will still be tender and with the teachers not being able to give pain relief and other boys playing rough.
I know Monday is four days away but im thinking of leaving it till Wednesday and see how he is,hopefully then the stitches and dressings will be gone along with swelling and bruising.
Am I worrying too much?wwyd?

EdithWeston Thu 22-Sep-11 22:48:27

Yes, wait until he's comfortable and does not need pain relief. Keep the school in the picture - perhaps he could sit out playtimes/PE on the first couple of days. And don't worry too much - it's still a while until Monday, and once they start perking up they do it really rapidly.

LittleMissWoodscommaElle Thu 22-Sep-11 23:05:13

At my ds's school I wouldn;t be concerned, they will give pain relief and they would ensure he was OK. A girl in dd's class had a major operation and they arranged a rota of friends to spend time with her until she was OK to play outside.

However in your case I would certaily wait until he doesn;t need any meds.

griffalo2 Thu 22-Sep-11 23:07:46

Thank you.
Well I told the school he would be off for one to two weeks and I would let them know if longer.got some work set too so wont be falling behind too much hopefully.

griffalo2 Thu 22-Sep-11 23:14:18

Lucky you little miss
When ds has had antibiotics in past ive had to go in every lunch time to give them to him,as teachers not allowed.gets a bit of a PITA near end of course

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now