Talk

Advanced search

If your next door neighbours five year old child tol you that when they looked after you cats they...

(55 Posts)
PippiLongBottom Fri 16-Sep-11 21:05:07

Slept in your bed?

Said 5 year old has ASD (this may or may not be relevant but I didn't want to drip feed)

Another neighbour told me that the mum, dad and ds had been spotted in the hours several times for periods of about 20 mins. They told her they were playing with the cats.

Their ds however told my 9 year old dd that he played with ds1's toys (one in particular is stored in the wardrobe so they must have had a good mooch) and that he had played with the mickey mouse toy that was in my wardrobe (this was hidden for ds's birthday which was when we were away).

He said that he had watched tv on ds's bed and that one night he slept in dd's bed and his mummy and daddy slept in my bed.

What the actual fuck????

Do I have to confront them? They won't be feeding the bloody cats again, that's for sure.

PippiLongBottom Fri 16-Sep-11 21:06:04

Sorry about mistakes, I couldn't read it back on iPhone app.

PippiLongBottom Fri 16-Sep-11 21:21:44

Errrr helllooooo. Anyone there?

belledechocchipcookie Fri 16-Sep-11 21:23:56

People with aspergers tend to tell the truth. I wouldn't have them back in my house.

Hassled Fri 16-Sep-11 21:25:36

Yes, I think you have to confront them. But do it in a "you'd never guess what Little Jimmy told me you got up to when we were on holiday!" sort of way.
But why would they stay at yours if they live next door? It doesn't make a whole load of sense.

PippiLongBottom Fri 16-Sep-11 21:25:43

Oh god. Do they? I wondered if he was imagining it or it was wishful thinking. What if they actually did sleep in my bed? OMFG.

PippiLongBottom Fri 16-Sep-11 21:27:27

Hassled, it kind of does given the conditions and circumstances next door. Can't go into too much detail for fear of outing us. They live with other family members in squalor

curlytoes Fri 16-Sep-11 21:27:39

I've no idea what you should do. I just wanted to say, that's so wierd. Why would they want to sleep in your bed? Wierd!

belledechocchipcookie Fri 16-Sep-11 21:28:56

They don't lie. Your neighbours are lunatics.

curlytoes Fri 16-Sep-11 21:29:11

X posted. That's kind of sad then but all the same not great for you.

nokissymum Fri 16-Sep-11 21:30:23

Thats sounds frightening! Dont even know where to start, if you ask them they'll be sure to deny it and if you call their 5yr old to witness, i reckon he'll be too scared. If you keep quiete about it, it will eat you up.

But then i suppose there's no harm asking the 5yr old to see if he repeats his account again and then asking the parents, you never know........

Lets see what others say.

StealthPolarBear Fri 16-Sep-11 21:32:07

Well he can't be telling stories about the stuff hidden away in your wardrobe can he?

PippiLongBottom Fri 16-Sep-11 21:39:15

Exactly Stealth, re the wardrobe but I wondered if the bed stuff was fanciful. Dd has questioned him twice now and had the exact same answers. Grim.

PippiLongBottom Sat 17-Sep-11 21:31:21

Any more for any more?

PippiLongBottom Sat 17-Sep-11 21:56:13

Obviously not then. <strops off>

StealthPolarBear Sat 17-Sep-11 21:59:41

;)

MollieO Sat 17-Sep-11 22:06:06

Surely you'd know if people had slept in your bed, been through your things? I would.

PippiLongBottom Sat 17-Sep-11 22:19:13

Mollie: even if it had never occurred to you?

We arrived back at 1am with a new puppy that we collected on the way. Wondering whether anyone had happened to sleep in our bed was probably the last thing on our mind tbh.

MmeLindor. Sat 17-Sep-11 22:21:49

Oh, how strange, and how sad, if that was a "holiday" from their difficult life.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 17-Sep-11 22:25:00

I'd be mattress shopping in the morning. grin

bushymcbush Sat 17-Sep-11 22:27:45

Like mmelindor, I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for your neighbours if their home life is so unpleasant that this seemed like a good idea.

Totally understand how freaked out you are at the same time.

PippiLongBottom Sat 17-Sep-11 22:27:54

Mme Lindor: yes and no. Obviously I don't want to say too much. It's a bit late re mattress. We got back a month ago hmm

PippiLongBottom Sat 17-Sep-11 22:29:23

You know 'how clean is your house'. People aren't disabled or whatever but must have some kind of difficulty. That.

thisisyesterday Sat 17-Sep-11 22:31:58

erm, my aspergers son can most definitely lie!

that's a fairly sweeping generalisation to make belle!

thisisyesterday Sat 17-Sep-11 22:33:34

imagine if they had actual SEX in your actual bed!

they couldn't change the sheets or you'd notice... you might have slept in neighbour-sex-bed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now