Talk

Advanced search

With regards to sofa claim...

(6 Posts)
soakingfromtheschoolrun Fri 16-Sep-11 11:00:32

Background:
We bought a sofa in 2008 with warranty from home serve. New dog has chewed a scatter cushion which forms the back foe the sofa. Informed them, and they sent someone out to have a look, advised it would be replaced.

Had a phone call today from them advising unable to get a replacement, but they will give me up to £75 to find a replacement.

Tbh the last thing I want to do is trail around shops trying t find an exact match in colour and size, chewed cusion is exact shade of of a, of which I have two, so really need an exact match.

I asked what would happen if. Did not want this/ couldn't fin one andvthey said it would be referred back to their solution team....

Wwyd?

soakingfromtheschoolrun Fri 16-Sep-11 12:59:54

Bump

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 13:11:30

I'm surprised that a warranty covers "dog chewed sofa", I thought a warranty would only cover it if it was the sofa's fault, if you see what I mean.

cjbartlett Fri 16-Sep-11 13:12:21

same as Trillian
Can't you just claim it on house insurance or something?
Maybe watch yuor dog a bit better grin

soakingfromtheschoolrun Fri 16-Sep-11 14:49:10

It's a warranty for damage/stains etc. We paid £250 on top of the sofa price for it. Pet damage is included. Think I'll just tell them I can't find a cushion to match and go from there

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 15:20:20

Oh so it's an accidental dog-chewy sort of warranty.

Hmm, yes, see what they say when you say you've looked and can't see anything that matches. Maybe you could get the whole thing recovered!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now