Talk

Advanced search

Interview What would you do??

(5 Posts)
Fairyloo Tue 13-Sep-11 18:29:07

Hi,

Had an interview today for dream job and it went really well. (I had booked day off today). They have phoned me this afternoon to ask me to go for second interview tomorrow
(which was a shock one that there was a secon interview and two that I had got that far)

So I am due in work tomorrow on a 2 day training course that you need to attend all parts at 9-5 interview at 10-11.

Do I go in late and take the wrath

Do I tell them I was at interview

Do I lie and say child I'll?

Do I just go to work and never know if I would get this job?

What would you do?? I guess you should fo interviews in your own time??

Aarrgghh want dream job but don't want to burn bridges or piss my boss off

Fairy

Xxxx

Portofino Tue 13-Sep-11 18:33:38

Surely you should be explaining the circumstances to the new company? It might be the case that the training course is of some benefit to them, and gives them an indication that you are honest and wouldn;t pull a sicky.....

Portofino Tue 13-Sep-11 18:34:46

I just couldnt be available at 24 hours notice, no matter how fab the job.

BlackandGold Tue 13-Sep-11 18:37:46

Can you rearrange the interview?

emsyj Tue 13-Sep-11 18:37:57

You have to tell the new company that you can't do 10am tomorrow but could do say 5.30pm or 6pm or whatever, or whenever you are first able to make it. If they don't give you the job on the basis that you need more than 24 hours' notice of an interview, you really don't want to work with them.

Surely they know you already have a job and wouldn't expect you to just not turn up in order to attend the second interview??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now