Talk

Advanced search

Five Year Olds party- not asking everyone.

(5 Posts)
curlytoes Tue 13-Sep-11 11:42:50

So my DS1 has just started school and will be one of the first to turn 5. We had hoped to have a party for the whole class but found it was too expensive. Now we're planning to have a small party at home with about 12 kids, about 6 of these are from DS's class. We've picked the boys we've actually met up with outside school before. Since deciding this DS has had party invites from people we're not asking to his birthday. Is it ok to say yes if we're not including them in our celebrations. I feel mean!

strandednomore Tue 13-Sep-11 11:46:08

Don't worry this will happen a lot through the year and it's impossible to know at this stage who your ds will and won't be friends with (and therefore getting invites from) by the end of the year. Hopefully all the other parents will be understanding, and the kids won't be too bothered at this age. It's particularly hard for the Sept born children (my dd is 6 today and we've got all sorts of random people coming to the party as we had to send out the invites at the end of last term).
If it worry's you too much, make a note of the invites you get this year and invite them to his 6th party!

curlytoes Tue 13-Sep-11 11:51:15

Thanks for this. I'm quite a sociable person and my instinct is to keep inviting more people. My DH has rightly said to stop because if it rains, and they can't play in the garden, we'll be stuffed.

curlytoes Tue 13-Sep-11 11:52:15

... and a very happy birthday to your dd.

strandednomore Tue 13-Sep-11 13:13:35

Thanks - it is stressful, the whole party thing, but I think most people are very understanding as we're all in the same boat re numbers/space/money etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now