Talk

Advanced search

Oh shit. How to deal with this?

(11 Posts)
uhohuhoh Sat 10-Sep-11 19:28:38

namechanger yaddayaddayadda.

We are friends with this lovely family, met through school - our DS1s are in the same class and younger DC are close in age although diffrent school years.

Lets call them J and K.

K, the mum, is not local, and met J at a work thing about 10 years ago, fell in love left her DH and moved to the area shortly after. We met when our DS's joined reception.

Have spent much time in each other's company but not really as families, just mmums and DC.

I always had an inkling I knew J's face, and knew he was a local lad.

2 years ago he told me he used to fancy me like mad, and made his mates drink in the pub I worked in. He most certainly was not on my radar then as I don't remember him.

I have been married veyr happily for 20odd years and although a natural flirt, would never taken it any further as I am not the sort. Also, I am now very overwight and not attractive at all.

Anyway, since he's told me about how he used to fancy me, I have been more cautious about my double entendres and stuff with J.

I had coffee with K on Friday morning, and horror of horrors she told me that he had said my name while they were having drunken sex the weekend before. ]shock] She told me in a joking, you'll never believe it sort of way.

I kind of laugh it off and rapidly changed the subject. I have no idea if she knows he used to fancy me or not, but certainly our teasing/ flirting ( which will now stop totally) she has witnessed and been fine about.

WWYD? If anything?

susiedaisy Sat 10-Sep-11 19:33:35

I would do nothing and tell him to put a sock in it if he tries to bring it up again, it must be very flattering for you but it will do no good to play along with it, it sounds like he may have an itch that needs scratching from long ago!!

MangoMonster Sat 10-Sep-11 19:34:15

Ignore it and make sure you behave impeccably. Weird for her to tell you. That would make me very uncomfortable and think she's probably digging and might be a little unstable?

uhohuhoh Sat 10-Sep-11 19:38:16

No I don't think she's unsable, but yeah, maybe digging? I hadn't thought of thet.

Yes - impeccable, that's the word.

Beamur Sat 10-Sep-11 19:43:15

Maybe they are swingers and are testing you out!!! shock

MangoMonster Sat 10-Sep-11 19:44:07

Weird situation to be in. Try to forget about it and continue as normal, hopefully it will go away!

uhohuhoh Sat 10-Sep-11 20:11:45

Yes, least said soonest mended and all that.

smile

purplepidjin Sat 10-Sep-11 20:17:12

I would think he's a tosser, and that they need to sort their relationship out. I don't imagine there's a lot you can do, so leave them to it!

uhohuhoh Sat 10-Sep-11 21:54:16

I don't think he's a tosser really, I enjoy his/her/their compnay, just maybe has boundry issues.

sad

TrillianAstra Sat 10-Sep-11 21:56:33

Oh dear.

It's a shame but I guess your perfectly innocent (on your part) flirting/chatting will have to stop.

If he doesn't see that then he is a bit of a wanker.

Am I the only one having Ross/Rachel>Emily flashacks?

uhohuhoh Sun 11-Sep-11 22:54:18

Well TrillianAstra, you made me laugh.

Thanks.

I haven't been very chirpy about the whole situation.

lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now