Talk

Advanced search

Got some flowers from Next and they are a bit shoddy!

(9 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 06-Sep-11 11:39:46

Some friends sent me some flowers as I have not been very well. They are really pretty but a bit droopy and not as fresh as I would have expected.

Of course I would not say anything to my friends, but I think I should contact Next and let them know that the bouquet was not really up to scratch at all.

Would you complain or just let it going seeing that the the flowers were sent with lots of love!!

I do have "bigger" things going on in my life! So this is not the be all and end all, but it is bugging me a bit.

LoonyRationalist Tue 06-Sep-11 11:43:38

I would call next & complain, as you say you don't want to say anything to your friends but why should next get away with giving them shoddy goods & taking away the shine from their generous gift?

bluesky Tue 06-Sep-11 11:46:04

Definitely say something to Next.

I once sent my mil some Next flowers, and she phoned to tell me, in a nice way, that they weren't up to the usual M&S/John Lewis standard, so I haven't used them again!

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 06-Sep-11 11:57:47

Thanks, I did not want to appear ungrateful but my friends are being ripped off by Next sending second rate flowers. I would not buy a bunch like that from a shop for a friend and I have no doubt they would either.

Right: will call Next.

queenebay Tue 06-Sep-11 12:01:45

My dh sent me some from M&S and they were awful. They refunded him and sent me a new bunch

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 06-Sep-11 12:45:29

I phoned Next and the woman on the line said that I should wait for a few hours because the flowers are treated so that they perk up when in the water with the flower food. and that I should ring back at 4pm if they are no better.

Thanks for replies smile.

LoonyRationalist Wed 07-Sep-11 09:57:22

So did the flowers recover? (and I hope you are feeling better. smile)

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Wed 07-Sep-11 14:46:30

Yes, thanks, LoonyRationalist! The flowers have perked up a lot and are lovely smile. Feeling quite a bit better, too, thank you.

startail Wed 07-Sep-11 14:55:29

Glad to hear your flowers are looking better. I've sent my mum next flowers several times and she says they've been lovely. (Yes she would say)
Wish I could say the same for Nexts shoddy clothesgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now