Talk

Advanced search

Dodgy Ebay seller?

(2 Posts)
goldenbirdies Tue 23-Aug-11 10:34:05

I bought a DVD on ebay but had to pay a extra charge to collect it because the seller didn't put enough postage on. I contacted the seller to ask if they would refund the charge - £1.50 - and he said no because "I sell hundreds of dvd's and no one else has had a problem". I asked if he thought I was lying about the charge and he just repeated the above reply.

I reported him to ebay because I felt it was a pretty poor response. The seller then sent an email accusing me outright of lying and harrassing him! A couple of days later I got a package in the post - empty dvd case with no cover, no postage on the item and no sender address. I can't think of anyone else who would have sent this. I emailed Royal Mail saying I felt it might be harassment through the mail - maybe it sounds silly but somehow it gave me the creeps a bit. I've had a reply back from RM to say that they don't know how it got through with no postage and if I think I'm being harassed I should contact the police, end of.

Do you think the seller was trying to imply a threat or just be a nuisance by sending another thing that I would have to pay postage on?

StickThemWithThePointyEnd Tue 06-Sep-11 10:27:22

Could one of the stamps have fallen off? If the charge was £1.50 the postage would have been short by 50p..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now