Talk

Advanced search

Stealing from disabled MIL

(5 Posts)
Zobofrags Mon 22-Aug-11 17:24:00

Hey just visited my mil who is disabled and lives in a bungalow on her own. She receives care from a local care agency as she needs full assistance! My husband takes her money out of the bank and puts it into her purse for her and she has said that £20 has been taken since she last went in her purse which was a few days ago...she sees the good in people and doesn't want to report it to the agency as she doesn't want anyone to lose their job...wwyd?!?!? We both hate the fact that someone is taking advantage of her and robbing her in her own home! It has happened before with perfume and money being stolen...somebody switched her full bottle of jadore for an empty one the cheeky little b*****d !!! So angry! 

thisisyesterday Mon 22-Aug-11 17:28:11

hmmm it's hard without having real proof that anything has been taken, but i would definitely report it.
you never know... other people may have reported the same person, and this could just make a better case against them.

short-term is there anywhere she can keep valuables to prevent anyone taking them?

Zobofrags Mon 22-Aug-11 17:36:32

That's the problem...lack of evidence there are a handful of carers that regularly go and the odd new person here and there and she has no idea who it is or when it goes! The unfortunate thing is if it gets locked away she will be reliant on the carers unlocking it for her to get money as she has MS and her hands are not that great anymore! It's so awkward and frustrating she shouldn't have to lock valuables up in her own home!! angrysad

GypsyMoth Mon 22-Aug-11 21:02:41

direct debit?
cheque?

Zobofrags Mon 22-Aug-11 21:55:40

It was cash that was stolen and she unfortunately needs cash in the house as she goes to appointments/shopping on her own and needs to pay cash for these items, she is unable to sign cheques and use the pin number pads for cards! Thank you for the advice though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now