Talk

Advanced search

WWUD if you bought something on eBay, it never arrived but there is nothing you can do??

(9 Posts)
DevotionAndDesire Fri 19-Aug-11 21:12:50

I bought something on eBay 7 weeks ago.
It was just under £100. Postage was £10 with a courier.

The seller used parcel2go/the home delivery network.
The parcel never arrived, but the couriers claim it did, they even had a signature.
But this signature (which is clearly readable) says S Taylor. Which is nobody I know, none of my neighbours, and no one my neighbours know.

The seller has been somewhat helpful, as I can not do anything because I did not hire them, the seller has talked with the couriers and filed a claim.

The claim was rejected due to 'insuficient evidence' what ever that means.
I asked the seller to appeal it and she says she has done but every time I ask for an update she fobs me off with excuses.

eBay said I have no grounds to file a dispute as the seller has 'proof' the item was delivered.

At the moment I am out £100 with nothing I can do about it.
What would you do in my situation?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

thisisyesterday Fri 19-Aug-11 21:15:09

can you speak to the courier yourself?

clearly you are not S Taylor and so clearly it was not delivered to you.

i would also keep on at ebay...

DevotionAndDesire Fri 19-Aug-11 21:31:14

The courier company refuse to talk about it to me as I did no hire them.

eBay and paypal have both said that the only think I can do is take the seller to the small claims court. As far as they are concerned if I filed a dispute they would have no choice but to side with the seller as he has 'proof of delivery'.

No I am definitely not S Taylor, but they courier company say it doesn't matter, as far as they are concerned the parcel was signed for by someone at my address thefor their job is done.

It is very frustrating.

thisisyesterday Fri 19-Aug-11 21:47:51

i would talk to consumer direct or CAB and see if they can offer any other advice

crazycarol Mon 29-Aug-11 22:11:15

How did you pay? You are probably out of time for a paypal claim but if you paid by credit card you should see if they can help.

ChitChattingaway Mon 05-Sep-11 20:46:33

If you take the seller to small claims, then they can take the courier company to court ( you can't, as you say, you didn't hire them).

pramsgalore Mon 12-Sep-11 13:29:00

i have to say, i have had a parcel delivered to me when i was at my locked front door, i signed and they drove off, for all they knew i could have been a door to door rep, shock
i think this is very unfair and i would not leave it, i always worry when i buy anything off ebay just incase it goings missing, i have been lucky, out of hundreds of things i have bought only 1 thing has gone missing, but i have found parcels behind bins, in recycle bin, in back garden, at neighbours all of which no card was put through my door to inform me and only the other day i had a parcel arrive that i was meant to sign for, they just handed it to me shock
contact trading standards

PattySimcox Mon 12-Sep-11 14:24:54

I'd tell your seller that you will be contacting the police regarding the theft of your goods by the courier - which it technically is.

See if that gets the courier company moving.

pramsgalore Mon 12-Sep-11 14:41:26

yes, good point someone has stolen your parcel, yes tell the seller and courier company this is what you are going to do, give it a few days for response and then phone your local police and report it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now