Talk

Advanced search

Oh crapity crap, been asked to drive and I hate driving.

(7 Posts)
neepsntatties Wed 10-Aug-11 12:31:22

Hate driving with a passion, it really stresses me out. Due to travel to my home time tomorrow - 2 hours drive - with my aunt. She drives us up, she doesn't mind driving. She has fallen over however and now can't drive and has asked me to do it.

So I should do it because it is only fair, we are expected and she always does the driving. But I feel a bit sick just thinking about it. I won't enjoy the day at all because I know I will have this drive to do back. Add to this I am up in the night with dd so sleep deprivied on top.

I don't feel like I can say no, it seems unreasonable.

Giddly Wed 10-Aug-11 12:35:57

I do understand your pain, as I used to be the same. What I would say is that the only way I got over it was by driving more, and this is maybe a good opportunity to get more practice (although realise it will take a lot more than one trip!). Do you know the route well? If not I would plan with military precision, and also arrange a few places to stop on the way to give yourself a break. Do also tell your aunt that driving makes you nervous so she can be supportive.

neepsntatties Wed 10-Aug-11 12:41:50

I have done the trip before but only if I could stay over so I didn't have to drive back the same day. I think I will have to do it, feel stressed already.

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 10-Aug-11 12:45:54

How often do you drive? Not much help for this occasion but if you hate driving so much then why do it? What I mean is, wouldn't it be easier to consider yourself a non driver and skip all the worry? How would you do the trip if you didn't drive and she couldn't?

neepsntatties Wed 10-Aug-11 12:47:39

I drive around the town. I am ok with that and I have to do it to get around. I am always bashing the car in carparks though much to my husband's disgust. I don't like long drives with motorways etc.

neepsntatties Wed 10-Aug-11 13:29:08

Oh and if she wasn't driving I just wouldn't go. And I don't want to particulary go tomorrow now. I was only really going out of duty in the first place. Now it is duty and stress. Plus I will have my two kids with me to add to the fun. Ah well I will just have to suck it up I guess and go the scenic route.

horsemadgal Thu 11-Aug-11 19:59:15

Did you go? I feel for you, I'd be the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now