Talk

Advanced search

How would you handle this? -

(4 Posts)
ScarlettIsWalking Mon 08-Aug-11 14:24:18

DH has booked a last minute holiday on a WK that is DDs best friends birthday party. It is the only chance of holiday we will get due to lots of stress this summer and was a surprise booking.

I have no idea how she will take it, hopefully ok but any ideas how I tell her? I hate things like this as I hate offending people....

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Mon 08-Aug-11 14:30:41

How you tell DD, you mean? How old is she? I'd guess that talking up the holiday as exciting treat will do the trick, if she's a primary schooler.

ScarlettIsWalking Mon 08-Aug-11 14:37:24

no tell DDs best friends Mum, maybe I am worrying over nothing but I thought she would be Ped off with me? I can't very much help it though...

TiaMariaandDietCoke Mon 08-Aug-11 19:09:04

couldn't you offer to do something nice to mark the friends birthday before or after your holiday? depending on their ages, maybe a sleepover party for the two of them (at yours) take the two of them out to lunch/cinema etc - that way dd and her friend can still celebrate without missing out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now