Talk

Advanced search

Neighbour's Dog

(4 Posts)
Itsjustafleshwound Sun 07-Aug-11 18:04:59

Our neighbour lives in the 1st floor flat - no garden, no terrace and no balcony.

Today, we saw her partner/live-in boyfriend taking ownership of a large Rottweiler dog. At one stage the dog was chained to the railings and had enough chain to enter into a kennel under the stairs. It appears that the dog is going to be housed under the railings - no garden, fencing just chained to run around the tarred patch where they park their cars.

My children are scared of dogs. Our other neighbours have also just rehoused a staffie in a small end-of-terrace house (there is a garden). The other renters downstairs have a small pug but it is ground-floor flat and an enclosed garden.

My feeling is that dogs (like staffies and rottweilers) do not belong in towns - they need grounds and space to run and it is cruel to keep them in such cramped conditions. The fact that I am scared of big dogs and the fact that my two children are scared of dogs, makes me want to make an issue of this.

What to do

<<<and thanks if you have read to the end of this!!>>>

belledechocchipcookie Sun 07-Aug-11 18:11:14

Call the dog warden. A dog like that needs plenty of space, love and attention. It's cruel to keep them locked up like this.

Tortington Sun 07-Aug-11 18:11:30

phone rspca

if the flat is rented, tell landlord

Lara2 Sat 20-Aug-11 10:49:23

The RSPCA will be worse than useless - the council dog warden will be more help, especially as they seem to be keeping the dog on what amounts to public property.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now