Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

chidminding dilema

(7 Posts)
pinkglitter Tue 26-Jul-11 20:19:31

my regular childminder gave me her friends contact details to cover for when she goes away. Which i was very grateful for - however when me & the little went to vist it was miles away from where we live & my work.
Th place was such a mess - and the garden was a big no no- the garden was a mess - not fit for kid to play out in- the kitchen needed a clean. knowing that I was coming I would have clened up.
i felt guilty and signed a as & when contract but I wanted to phone ofsead when I got in- as how sh got to be a childminder I don't know. What excuse can I say that my daughter would not be attending.

NickNacks Tue 26-Jul-11 20:21:09

Just say it was too far out of your way.

LIZS Tue 26-Jul-11 20:23:25

Are you sure she was registered ? I'd just say it wasn't convenient enough.

pinkglitter Tue 26-Jul-11 20:28:10

thanks - i just feel quilty - but if i had a pet I would not have left it there .

NickNacks Tue 26-Jul-11 20:34:32

What was wrong with it?

I'm a CM (and I think a very good one!) but after 6 children all day my house looks the pits and I dread to think what you'd make of it! smile

pinkglitter Tue 26-Jul-11 21:02:02

where shall i start -
it stank of dogs - the garden was a health& safety risk - the swing was moving out of the ground when my daughter was on it, the grass had not been cut for ages - months even, this was where the dogs go to the toilet.
the kitchen was not just one days mess, you should make an impression right. nicknacks - i am sure mess is mess but how this lady passed I dont know and i have had a few childminders -

NickNacks Tue 26-Jul-11 21:43:04

Oh no! Not good.

I sweep, hoover, wash up, mop floors, tidy toys etc every night. Just pointing out that if you catch me and 6pm most nights you'd wonder what the hell was going on.

No excuse for not making an effort. Health and safety risk is the most worrying. As messy as the house gets- its surface mess and always safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now