Talk

Advanced search

Would you commit to extra input or not?

(3 Posts)
Numberfour Sat 16-Jul-11 06:11:16

I avoided putting "Beaver Scouts" in the heading in case that chased replies away.

I work a full week at home as a childminder (so that means lots of paperwork, lots of housekeeping etc) plus I am doing a Masters part time - I am just about to finish my first of two years. The leader of DS' Beaver group has asked me to join as an assistant leader and eventually I said yes. I do believe that the group needs some energy and some new life so I thought I would try to add that.

However, at 6am on a Saturday morning while studying, I wonder if doing this is such a good idea after all. We have a full day outing day with Beavers, my assignment is due on Wednesday next week and I still have loads of work to do on it. I really really really could do with a day behind my computer rather than beavering about!!

My studies will intensify next year with the disseration being due mid Sept 2012.

WWYD: take up a leadership role in a group that really needs you at the expense of your other commitments or stick to one thing and give your energy to that??

sad

Going to sound all whiney now, but I really do not want to go to today. I have so much to do on my assignment still!

sloggies Fri 22-Jul-11 17:47:48

Sounds like you have an awful lot on, and in danger of spreading yourself too thin....I have a tendency to do this. Better to give your best to your main priorities, than half-do everything IMHO.

Numberfour Sat 06-Aug-11 23:07:44

Thanks, sloggies! Seems the decision may have been made for me - by the time you had replied, I had found out that I was (am!) pregnant!!!

Most definitely going to put Beaver Cubs on hold!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now