Talk

Advanced search

Dd1 selling her things to dd2

(4 Posts)
Aftereightsaremine Fri 15-Jul-11 07:46:34

Dd1 (13) last night told me she has been selling things she no longer wants to dd2 & now feels very guilty as it is mainly things we have bought for her in the first place. She thinks dd2 (9) has paid her about £50 of her savings from birthday money.

Quite impressed that dd1 is enterprising but cross at same time she has taken money from her little sister. But didn't say was cross just not right to take money.

Told dd1 she needs to make it right & sort it out with her sister. Not sure though if I am doing the right thing.

Think confession came about because I told dd2 we were going to sort out her room this weekend & get rid of lots of toys & I see why she was upset now because she'd paid for them.

So wwyd in this situation.

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Fri 15-Jul-11 07:47:44

Dd1 needs to give the money back.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Fri 15-Jul-11 07:54:29

I'd be really cross. If it's toys or clothes, then presumably you bought them thinking that DD2 would get the use of them after DD1 outgrew them in any event, they're family toys really. I'd maybe feel a bit differently if it was a newish iPod or something that DD1 had saved up for and then sold on to raise money for something, but she's essentially selling DD1 things that would have been hers anyway.

I think I'd be having a word about sharing and family property and ownership, and yes she should give the money back.

Aftereightsaremine Fri 15-Jul-11 07:54:50

Thats what she will do but only has £30 to pay her back. Told dd1 she will have to do extra jobs to earn enough to pay dd2 back worried that I am being harsh though as she has owned up to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now