Talk

Advanced search

Aggressive Driving?

(5 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Thu 14-Jul-11 14:16:15

I was driving down a busy village high street earlier - there are parking bays both sides.

There are at least 3 free bays so slow down and I indicate to pull in on the left - I go past the first very slowly so that the driver (right up my rear) knows that I'm going to pull into a space. I've stopped and I put my reverse lights on.

The driver behind refuses to move but pulls even closer to my rear (almost bumper touching) so that I cannot reverse into the space.

I wait as the lights up ahead change and he then has the opportunity to go round me. He refuses to go round me and just sits there staring at me.

I hold up the traffic on the high street for approx 30 seconds, I realise he's not going to move so I indicate right (as the lights up ahead are still stopped). I turn round and park on the opposite side of the street.

I catch proper sight of him as I park on the other side of the street - 50's - 60's guy glaring at me - he then smirks and drives on.

Obviously he was just being a bully. And I did not react in any way (though I was enraged as I have pmt grin) believing that any fucker who acts like that deserves to be just ignored.

What, if anything, would you have done?

I could not, in good conscience, have stopped in the street in some sort of stand-off as the poor people behind him would then be suffering because of his aggression.

MissTinaTeaspoon Thu 14-Jul-11 14:22:12

Did you get his numberplate? I think you did the right thing (although obviously you shouldn't have had to!) because otherwise you would have put yourself in danger and given him what he probably wanted. He's obviously a bully looking for a fight. I always wonder with people like that how they react when they're out of their cars - if you had been walking along a busy street and stopped for some reason in from if him would he have acted in the same manner?

Are you okay now? Console yourself with the fact that you are a better person than him and hopefully karma will get him one day!

LaurieFairyCake Thu 14-Jul-11 14:33:58

Thanks for that, I'm sure you're right smile. I didn't get his plate as he was up my arse but I know I would recognise the car (and him) again as it was a fairly unusual one.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 14-Jul-11 14:34:55

I am alright now, I was going there to buy a big slice of cake from the deli and I got it (along with fresh pate and bread) so I stuffed myself when I came home.

petal2008 Sat 16-Jul-11 12:46:20

I'd have put my hazard lights on, got out of the car and into one of the shops. He could have sat there all day and I would not have moved. If a traffic warden or police had come along I would have pointed out what had happened. Maybe I would have been in the wrong but these sort people piss me right off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now