Talk

Advanced search

Horrible facebook status?

(17 Posts)
hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 10:36:18

Name changed for this.

I've just read this status update on facebook and I'm appalled by it but am I overreacting?

'Sum little shits at nursery came up to # & said "we don't like u # do we" is it wrong I wanted 2 kick the bastard in the cunt?'

I'm not sure if I should say something, defriend or ignore. Background is that child is autistic so it must be hard as a mum knowing what struggles your child is going to have and that people can be unpleasant but this is talking about violence towards 3 and 4 year olds which I find disgusting.

?Wwyd?

JeremyVile Fri 08-Jul-11 10:42:17

If you're going to be on fb then you're agreeing to subject yourself to the utter nonsense that goes on in some peoples minds.

I would say nothing, you cant police someone elses thoughts.

Sounds grim though.

hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 10:47:54

Very true. I've only just submitted to facebook as I have so many friends abroad now, but I'm seriously thinking of deactivating my account as some of the updates leave me shock.

VelvetSnow Fri 08-Jul-11 11:00:38

there are actual people behind the updates you know, you befriended them in the first place.

Don't blame facebook, blame the people on your friends list.

I'd delete that person and anyone else I found myself "tutting" at as I read.

BeerTricksPotter Fri 08-Jul-11 11:12:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 11:14:29

Other posts that tend to make me raise my eyebrows are those ones that share far too much information or look for sympathy, so not offensive, just a bit exasperating. This is the first post that had actually offended me. Lapse in judgement accepting as a friend perhaps. Part of me thinks I really should say something then defriend if it's not removed

Or am I overthinking things?

hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 11:18:32

Cross post there beertricks. Thank you!

Being a pollyanna sort sometimes, I want to think it was something said in frustration and perhaps after reflection would realise it was wrong and remove it.

Wishful thinking perhaps.

BeerTricksPotter Fri 08-Jul-11 11:20:17

hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 20:07:21

Well I posted under the status, saying I didn't like the status. If she removes it good, if not defriend I think?

hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 20:08:42

Sorry excess use of the word status!

BeerTricksPotter Fri 08-Jul-11 20:13:16

islawhiter Fri 08-Jul-11 20:20:25

Its that kind of mindless drivel that made me de-activate my fb, it was getting me down, the swearing and showing off all the time, and i also felt some people changed their personality on fb (for the worse)

hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 20:24:24

She's quite aggressive so I'm sure there will be some sort of fall out but I don't think it's right to keep quiet when someone is so blatantly offensive after thinking about it.

Or maybe I'm just in a bad mood and spoiling for a fight. I blame it on the pregnancy hormones. grin

hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 20:51:18

She's come back saying that maybe they should learn a bit of respect to disabled people then
Someone else has also got involved saying it's a mothers right to defend her child shock

I've replied reminding them that they are 3 or 4 years old, having a word is fine, writing that, disgusting

hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 20:57:08

Still justifying it, time to delete I think.

BeerTricksPotter Fri 08-Jul-11 20:57:19

hrumph Fri 08-Jul-11 21:15:43

Very true, just sad that it has to come to that point. I understand it must be so difficult to hear children being horrible.

No one else ever says anything to her, but have just remembered I have challenged her about something else she's written on facebook before.

Hmmm I'll probably be on my own with this one as some don't like to rock the boat. sad

They'll all quite happily bitch behind her back though hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now