Talk

Advanced search

Would you always intervene to help someone subjected to racial or other discrimination, harassment, abuse etc?

(3 Posts)
ZZZenAgain Fri 01-Jul-11 11:14:35

Been thinking about this. Not sure I would. I sometimes have but often I feel I don't know how to go about it and if it involved a violent thug/drunk I would worry, particularly when dd is with me, if the aggressor(s) would turn on us, maybe hurt her

Have been watching some of this American tv series and wondering how often I would have stepped in and if I would have handled it well.

racism in a boutique

ZZZenAgain Fri 01-Jul-11 11:16:26

it is a tv show so the aggressors /victims are always actors. I am not sure how much, if any, of the rest of it is staged of course.

One that shocked me was when someone fell down in the street and so many people just walked past but of them are interesting viewing.

It would depend on what I assessed the risk level to be. If it was someone waving a weapon around or clearly happy to use violence, I would probably yell from a safe distance and call the police. Especially if I had DS with me.
In my younger days I was a great one for barging in and ticking people off, which got me a few slaps but also some gratitude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now