Talk

Advanced search

5yr old humping!!!!

(2 Posts)
pumkinsmummy Wed 29-Jun-11 09:07:47

My little boy likes to lay on the floor or bed with is hands down his pants and 'humps'! (Sorry as cannot think of a better way to say it) He does not do it all the time and always on his own - he might do it whilst watching telly, or just lay in bed in the morning. Yesterday when Daddy went into see him 1st thing am, he said he wanted to be on his own!!! Is this part of normal development? He is a happy, confident, social person with a full and active life. I have not said anything to him as I don't want to give him any hangups for later on and don't want to have to explain that its not acceptable as why shouldn't it be in private. Has anyone else been through this and what did you do? Ignore or talk to him, and if the latter, how did you do it, and does he still 'hump'?

ihatecbeebies Mon 04-Jul-11 00:33:44

My exP did the same thing when he was that age too so I think it must be fairly common, although he is the only person I know that has admitted to it. I have a 4yr old DS who likes to walk about bare bummed and play with his 'winky' so I explain to him that, although this is fine, other people may not like to see it so he should do it in private.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now