Talk

Advanced search

scan photo posted online without my consent

(13 Posts)
stephanie85 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:38:04

My ex boyfriend has posted my scan photo online without my permission. I do not want it on his profile as I have no control over his privacy settings, do not personally know his two hundred and something friends and as it is his profile picture anyone who comes across him on Facebook can view it. As the picture is my unborn child and my womb, I feel I "own" the picture, not to mention the fact that I paid for it! I have asked him to remove it and reported it to Facebook but have not heard back from either him or Facebook. Does anyone know where I stand legally? The unborn child has no birth certificate, so he has no parental responsibilty so technically he could be anyone putting this photo online.

QueeferSutherland Sun 26-Jun-11 23:14:48

I see your point, but it's his child too.

Could you call him and talk to him if it is really upsetting you?

thisisyesterday Sun 26-Jun-11 23:21:50

i think you're over-reacting a bit

it's a scan photo, no-one is going to recognise your uterus or unborn child from it are they?
does it matter if other people see it?
if you were so worried then why did you give it to him in the first place?

honestly, i think you need to ask yourself "does this actually, really, matter?"

are there other underlying issues that are making you feel so strongly about this?

Grabaspoon Sun 26-Jun-11 23:22:07

It is a picture of a foetus in the womb - I can't see what harm others seeing this photo will do.

There is no risk of a paedophile changing the photo, of anyone recognising the foetus whilst out and about etc.

hmm

lockets Sun 26-Jun-11 23:25:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catsareevil Sun 26-Jun-11 23:26:40

Does the picture have your details on it eg name/dob, due date etc? If so you might have grounds for asking it to be removed. Otherwise, does it really matter?

lockets Sun 26-Jun-11 23:28:07

Grabaspoon Sun 26-Jun-11 23:29:20

What happens when there is a baby/child - will he not be allowed to put photos on facebook?

giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 23:29:43

i would be happy he so excited. It is half his

giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 23:30:14

baby

Grabaspoon Mon 27-Jun-11 12:08:48

After sleeping on it - do you feel better?

altinkum Mon 27-Jun-11 13:38:32

Lady1nTheRadiator Mon 27-Jun-11 13:40:31

Scan pictures do all look the same - what is it that bothers you about it? Will he not be allowed to put pictures of his DS/DD online once born?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now