Talk

Advanced search

payment for after school club

(7 Posts)
coke80 Tue 14-Jun-11 14:49:01

I made a payment for an after school club in cash. I have been advised that a sum was not paid.
I am positive that the full amount was paid but the school is disputing this. Should I just put it down to experience and not pay cash unless in person.
Is only £10 but i am still cross.

sunnydelight Tue 21-Jun-11 07:03:35

That is really annoying, but if you pay cash you must always get a receipt as if there is a dispute there is no way of proving you paid.

Jojay Tue 21-Jun-11 07:14:37

Put it down to experience.

Annoying, I know, but that's the trouble with cash.

It's not worth falling out with the school over a tenner.

AurraSing Tue 21-Jun-11 07:20:10

I've had the same problem with school lunch money. I've put it down to experience and have changed the way I pay.

changeforthebetter Tue 21-Jun-11 07:26:01

Same thing here but it was nearly £20. It bugs me as I paid in advance as DC only attends occasionally. Paid up as I need ASC sometimes if I have to work extra hours. Will pay by cheque in future so have a record.

aliciaflorrick Tue 21-Jun-11 07:30:46

The same happened to me, I paid €90 school dinner money in cash, actually got a receipt but misplaced it and then had to pay again as they said I hadn't paid. Even though the school prefer cash they get a cheque off me now because then I've always got the proof on my bank statement. It was an expensive lesson learned that's for sure.

changeforthebetter Tue 21-Jun-11 18:07:34

Ouch 90 euros (can't do the symbol) shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now