Talk

Advanced search

Dilemma over nights away with dh!

(5 Posts)
mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-11 16:05:14

bear with me i will try to make this simple.

Next week we are seeing take that in the city we live in. ILs are having the dcs for us to go with dd.
We have been invited to go to ascot on wednesday, executive box, everything paid including overnight hotel. The ILs would habe to have the dcs from tuesday night until we got home on thursday. Then im working friday so theyll have them again (although ds1 will be in school in the days).

Then next weekend we are going away for my birthday, its two nights home for me and i am really looking forward to it. Flights are booked already. ILs are having the dcs on sat/sun night, then we pick them up on monday and they go back there on tuesday when i work.

The ILs have agreed to all this, but we did have a bit of a do about childcare last week, which makes me think we should do one or the other not both.
But the trouble is i want to do both.

I know it seems like a lot, but me and dh havent had a night out together since january, its not like we do stuff all the time, its just a bummer that its ll ome at once. We probably wont have anything again for the next 6 months!

WWYD?

CMOTdibbler Tue 07-Jun-11 16:21:04

It does sound like they will be having them an awful lot tbh. Could you get a babysitter for when you go to Take That to sort of replace ascot ?

And buy the ils a nice present to say a very big thank you, esp as having 24 hour care of a baby is hard work for them.

mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-11 16:25:23

I know, me and dh think its a lot too.

Cant get a babysitter on tuesday evening becauseeveryone else we know works during the week.
Dhs aunty has offered to have them, but we feel guilty about that too beause shes so lovely and trying to help out

CMOTdibbler Tue 07-Jun-11 16:58:45

Pay for a babysitter ? Sitters are supposed to be reliable.

mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-11 20:27:39

I think im gonna have to give up our weekend away which will cost aroubd £400, and go for the all paid trip next week.
Meaning only one lot of childcare needed, plus saving some money in the process.
Im gutted to not be going home though sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: