Talk

Advanced search

Bullying At The School Gate?

(7 Posts)
juicyfruitqueen Mon 06-Jun-11 16:31:04

One of the mums my dds school told me that she was being bullied by another mum at the school.

She said that she was being ignored, her children not being spoken to, and that she felt that she was being excluded from the school gate chats, etc. She said that she felt that she was being bullied, clearly identified the woman she was referring to, and wanted me to talk to her again about it.

I just nodded politely when she was telling me the above.

I don't know a huge number of people at the school, and usually don't spend anytime at the gate, so I am not familiar with the politics (nor do I want to get into such politics), and therefore do not know why she 'confided' in me.

I did however, watch more carefully the comings and goings at the gate.

I just could not see any evidence of her children being ignored, they seemed perfectly happy and chatting with all the others (including the alleged bullying mum's children). The woman herself seemed to keep her distance from the crowd, no one could interact with her if they were trying to look out for their own children leaving, iykwim?

What I am asking is wwyd? Avoid speaking with her on this issue? Does bullying like this exist at all?

I don't know what to do, so thanks for reading!

SittingBull Mon 06-Jun-11 16:35:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

juicyfruitqueen Mon 06-Jun-11 16:42:08

Thanks. That would be my usual way of dealing with stuff.

The reason I've posted this is that she sent me a text earlier (we have a parent list circulated), asking what day/time would suit me to talk about it. Its freaked me a bit, in that I don't want to be a party to any of it.

I smile at her already and say hi.

SittingBull Mon 06-Jun-11 16:46:44

SittingBull Mon 06-Jun-11 16:49:23

juicyfruitqueen Mon 06-Jun-11 16:51:45

There is a part of me that hates the thought of someone feeling all sad and left out.

And then the other side of me just wants to get the hell out of it!

I couldn't see any bullying type behaviour, but then maybe I just don't notice enough things usually (I usually drop/collect and run as I am going to or running back to work).

I am fairly cynical, so am likely to think its in her mind? Or that she wants to be friends with people but they don't want her? Does that sound bad?

Madlizzy Mon 06-Jun-11 16:55:17

I'd just say sorry, I don't want to get involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now