Talk

Advanced search

ds and his verruca...

(14 Posts)
lucykate Sat 04-Jun-11 22:07:00

ds has a verruca (well he has 3 but this one in particular is a problem), it's not quite ready to fall off and has got in a bit of a mess over the last few days since he knocked it and made it bleed. he won't let me near it but we're going camping next weekend, beach etc, so really need it to come off and start healing asap, what would you do?

1. he's asleep, go in and just yank in off.
2. keep trying with the bazzuka and hope for the best.
3. try some of the alternative remedies, duct tape, banana skin etc (do they really work?)

MrsSheeran Sat 04-Jun-11 22:13:54

We had similar recently, DD is a complete drama queen and wouldn't let me anywhere near it apart from bazooka-ing it, the combination of sand and seawater seems to have done the trick though, so it might just work out!

jalopy Sat 04-Jun-11 22:15:33

Leave it. It will go on it's own............eventually.

lucykate Sat 04-Jun-11 22:16:22

shall i just leave it then?, am worried it'll get infected. it's a real mess, although i know from dd, that once the root is out they heal quickly.

lucykate Sat 04-Jun-11 22:17:34

sorry if tmi, but it's weeping a bit too. fecking horrid things. can't decide what's worse, nits, worms or verrucas. ds has had them all.

IAmTheCookieMonster Sat 04-Jun-11 22:17:36

I'd try duct tape, its meant to be good.

There is a treatment called dry needling that costs about £40, thats meant to work well.

lucykate Sat 04-Jun-11 22:19:02

ds did hear me mention duct tape earlier and asked why putting sellotape with pictures of ducks on it would help.

ZhenXiang Sat 04-Jun-11 22:21:38

Boots, Scholl and Bazuka all do a freezing treatment like the one the doctor uses. So long as he is over 4 years old you can use it, it generally takes only one treatment, but you can repeat every 2 weeks for up to 3 applications for really persistent verrucas.

HauntedLittleLunatic Sat 04-Jun-11 22:25:14

OK...the method I use:

1. 1-2 weeks of Bazooka or similar as per instructions
2. Switch to banana skin. fleshy side down, change after 24 hrs. After a couple of weeks the verucca will literally seperate from the surrounding skin.
3. When the verucca is seperating on all sides go for a long bath/swim (covred of course). The verucca will literally fall off when you remove plaster.

TheMostBeautifulPoster Sat 04-Jun-11 22:26:20

Duct tape didn't work here

lucykate Sat 04-Jun-11 22:36:03

the verruca has already separated from the surrounding skin. it's like a little mushroom (or as ds described it, a lady wearing a hat!), but still quite well attached by the root which is bleeding every time it gets knocked.

HauntedLittleLunatic Sat 04-Jun-11 22:37:44

I would be attempted to bananna it in that case for 3-4 days, then long bath and see if the last stalk dissolves.

bellavita Sat 04-Jun-11 22:39:26

DS has a few in a cluster. Dr gave him some paint on job by which said may or may not work and if it doesn't to try the duct tape.

Stuff in the bottle not worked at all, but the duct tape is!!

lucykate Sat 04-Jun-11 22:49:33

am going under his duvet with a torch to have a closer look at it.

good grief, not done that since the threadworms incident!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now