Talk

Advanced search

Would you take a six yr old to see Take That?

(12 Posts)
mosschops30 Mon 30-May-11 19:23:31

we have tickets for june and are taking dd(14), she did see the original comeback tour in 2006 when she was 9 and loved them ever since.
Dh was wondering whether to take ds1 (6) or MIL.

Im just not sure, i kind of think it would be wasted on him, and i dont think he'll enjoy standing for hours with not much opportunity to go to the toilet. He gets bored really quickly too.
But when i ask him he says he wants to go hmm

WWYD?

mrspnut Mon 30-May-11 19:25:43

I'd take him, the experience of going to a big concert is amazing and he will probably surprise you with his behaviour.

I took DD1 to see McFly when she was 7, and she loved it. She's seen so many gigs since but she still remembers her first one.

lancashirewife Mon 30-May-11 19:27:11

Not for the price of the tickets!!! Get the dvd for him when it comes out .....

My almost 6 yr old would totally love it in theory (she's more obsessed that me!) ...but in reality the queueing, standing, toilets, late night, travel home...,......No way!!!!!

mosschops30 Mon 30-May-11 19:27:45

I think girls are different though, dd started going to concerts at about 7, but im just not sure he will enjoy it.
He couldnt even name a take that song

lancashirewife Mon 30-May-11 19:34:35

then it's a wasted ticket and surely someone you know would kill to get their hands on it??

mosschops30 Mon 30-May-11 20:56:40

Yes mymil smile

I would prefer to take him to jls or someone he really likes which wouldnt cost £60 per ticket

nickschick Mon 30-May-11 21:01:44

Take neither - take me grin.

Danthe4th Mon 30-May-11 21:07:41

I went to see the first night and I wouldn't take my 6 year old, it was manic and the drink was flowing.
If you do decide to go get there early and get a seat as most early birds are trying to get to the front. Our tickets were for standing/unreserved seating and there were loads of seats spare when the pet shop boys were on.
You need to be facing the stage so can get the best view when sitting down but I expect your 14 year old will want to be closer but that wouldn't be suitable for a 6 year old.
It is a fantastic concert and I would definately go again.

orienteerer Mon 30-May-11 21:11:25

NO

mosschops30 Tue 31-May-11 20:24:14

Thanks for that good to get an opinion from someone who's been.
Was it amazing?
Were the pet shop boys good? Im looking forward to seeing them too

RedGreenBlue Fri 03-Jun-11 15:08:11

I wouldn't subject my worst enemy to Take That. Take no-one, burn the tickets and book yourself in for some aural therapy.

mosschops30 Fri 03-Jun-11 15:27:27

hmm lovely sensible post there thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: