Talk

Advanced search

I can't make up mind!

(4 Posts)
twiglet59 Wed 12-Jan-11 20:20:56

I live in a town with my two kids, girl 9 and boy 16. My husband works in London and lives there during the week. He comes back at the weekend (fri, Sat & Sun).

We have always liked the idea of living in
the countryside and are very close to it.

We rent the house we live in and have recently found a lovely three-bedroomed house in the countryside (affordable and perfect).

The problem is my children are not keen to move and my son wants to be near to his friends, (which is understandable at his age) and the same with my daughter.

My husband has offered to get him lessons to learn to ride a scooter and buy one, but I would obviously still have to drive the younger one everyone for quite a few years yet.

It is within driving distance to where I work (20mins).

Anyway, my husband is really annoyed because initially I was keen and now I have changed my mind.

I would like to live in the countryside, but I think its not fair on the kids right now.

He thinks it is wrong of me to let them make my decisions.

I don't know what to do?

scurryfunge Wed 12-Jan-11 20:23:05

If you do not have a problem with driving them around and there is also a good bus route, I do not see it as a big problem.

TheMonster Wed 12-Jan-11 20:24:39

I wouldn't move because it would isolate the kids from their friends too much.

MadamDeathstare Thu 13-Jan-11 13:40:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now