Talk

Advanced search

New oven or 2nd hand one?

(3 Posts)
Niceguy2 Thu 06-Jan-11 10:02:15

Hi all

My oven is on its last legs. Think it will go soon. Had it in pieces last night and i'm pretty certain its the controller board which looking on the internet will cost £100 just for a replacement part.

Unfortunately money's tight at the moment after xmas & the dishwasher blowing up.

So looking at replacements, I can get a cheapy one from Comet/Argos etc but they do look cheap and I am also concerned they won't cook very well.

But I've also seen a lady on eBay not too far from me selling a Bosch oven which looks fab and presumably being a good make will be better quality. The current price is pretty good too, a fraction of the cost of a new cheap oven.

WWYD? New cheap one with a full warranty? Or 2nd hand branded one and hope it lasts a year?

ShoppingDays Thu 06-Jan-11 13:05:20

I'd go for the second-hand one, as long as the eBayer has good feedback.

MissAnneElk Thu 06-Jan-11 13:09:46

I'd probably go for new with a warranty. Have you looked at John Lewis? They normally offer a 2 or 3 year guarantee with their own brand and they are usually a reasonable price. I've had some disappointing Bosch experiences (dishwasher and washing machine).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: