Talk

Advanced search

Don't Want This Woman as Friend

(7 Posts)
bairn24 Wed 22-Dec-10 14:55:25

A girl I met through my DH (her DH and mine are great mates) seems to suddenly want us to be best buddies and is continually getting in touch and suggesting we do stuff together. She's nice enough but I don't trust her and she's absolutely not my type. I find myself making excuses all the time, and hoping she'll get the message but she doesn't.

I could NEVER say to her that I am not interested in being friends, because I couldn't be that mean to someone, but need some tips on how to gently ease her out of my life.

Plumm Wed 22-Dec-10 15:14:35

Just carry on doing what you're doing. Don't contact her and if she tries to arrange something say that you're busy.

Or go out with her once and be such bad company she never asks you again!

bairn24 Wed 22-Dec-10 21:24:22

Think that's the only answer. We have nothing in common and I am kind of disturbed by the fact that she appears to have no female friends to speak of.
Thanks for your reply!

Numberfour Sun 26-Dec-10 15:03:21

There is probably a reason why she has no female friends! I have landed up becoming friendly with people in the past just because it was something I sort of fell into. I regretted it and it took a wnile to extricate myself. I would never do it again.

Just keep on making excuses, or don't reply to texts etc.

Good luck!

CoteDAzur Sun 26-Dec-10 15:17:37

You could be badly judging her based on... what, exactly? How do you know she has no girlfriends?

Why don't you just let the relationship run its course? Go have a coffee with her. If you really have nothing in common, it will be obvious. You won't have anything to talk about or will disagree about everything. She won't call you again.

Or, possibly, you will realize that you were wrong about her and will gain a friend.

What do you have to lose?

bairn24 Wed 29-Dec-10 13:24:03

Thanks for replies.
I am just going to leave it I think, hopefully it will just fizzle out.

ShoppingDays Tue 04-Jan-11 01:45:50

It might be hurtful if you just drop her. She'll wonder what you think she did wrong. I agree with CoteDAzur, she might actually be perfectly nice, but you just don't "click". Tell her no offence, but you just feel you have nothing in common.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: