Talk

Advanced search

leaving a workman in the house

(5 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 17-Dec-10 20:06:33

We have Strachan Furniture coming on Tuesday to fit some furniture in the lounge. I will be here when he arrives but I'd like to pop out for about 90 mins to go to Pilates (the dcs will be with MIL for the day).

Would you leave him alone in your house while you went out? I've left other workmen before but I have always known them or at least known someone who knew them (if you get my drift). I say it's fine, DH says no way.

ShiningWit Fri 17-Dec-10 20:08:49

I always leave workmen to it in general... I am a trusting type though and reckon they just want to get on with the job, not go rooting through my things or sit on their arses watching Loose Women on my telly.

Cyb Fri 17-Dec-10 20:11:25

Yes I would leave him to it as well

I am always so self concious when I have 'tradesman' in the house anyway

Feel I can't pee

defineme Fri 17-Dec-10 20:16:13

My theory is that I have bugger all of value in the house and nothing of interest to nosey at so what on earth would they do?

I also only employ people who live in my area so I always think if I know where they live they'd be pretty stupid to do a bad job!

I would, but fil would never leave a workman alone for a minute-he annoys the hell out of them!

mckenzie Fri 17-Dec-10 21:35:47

thanks for the replies. I think then that as long as my gut feeling on the day is okay, then it is to Pilates I shall go. Perhaps I'll hide the family silver first just to be on the safe side grin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: