Talk

Advanced search

Fish left outside in tank.......

(9 Posts)
goodmanners Mon 29-Nov-10 20:44:56

Not exactly on best terms with neighbour but tried to make an effort lately and got to hellos now, anywya looks like gone away for week or maybe more i dontknow but dh noticed fish tank which has been in garden since summer was in garden and thought he saw movement when he was replacing all the crap that had blown out of their garden back into it - they have no back gate as its fell off - anyhow as he chucked stuff back he saw the 10 litre or so tank was 80% a frozen block and there at the bottom was the pet godfish ALIVE despite the foot of snow on top of the lid! Not knowing when they back he has removed it and put in our garage to thaw and hopefully live to see another day. Should we have left it? should we tell them? Dh thinks they wont even notice and thinks should chuck in our pond, i dont. Its a bit wrong isnt it?

PelvicFloorTrauma Mon 29-Nov-10 20:46:20

fish it out and save its little fishy life if poss.

goodmanners Mon 29-Nov-10 20:50:16

Dh thinks its been there since summer uncleaned and minging though im not sure about this. We did not want to shock it hence in same envt thawing slowly as oposed a big shock. I really want to knock when they get home and hand it back saying must have forgotten about it (all year) then offer to rehome if they are not arsed about it. Dh just gone to feed it and all water is now defrosted.

MaudOHara Mon 29-Nov-10 21:00:56

Keep the fish and stick the tank back in their garden

goodmanners Mon 29-Nov-10 21:03:21

should we tip it over as if knocked?? Noooo we cant coz there will be ruddy great footprints in the snow leading back to ours!

MaudOHara Tue 30-Nov-10 12:32:34

Tell the bastards your neighbours that that RSPCA called

chocoholic Tue 30-Nov-10 12:36:10

Put it in your pond otherwise you will be thawing him out every day.
You can always get the neighbour another goldfish if he doesn't understand that you were trying to be helpful.

goodmanners Tue 30-Nov-10 17:41:56

He was freezing up in the garage so we have freed willy into our palacial pond, dh has put tank back and said it was so murky it clearly had never been cleaned. She is a bit stroppy to say the least but i think when she comes back i will tell her we had to intervene and do the only thing we could to save it and if she wants it back we will fish it back out when it thaws. They have just got a puppy so think the fish has been sidelined big time though the puppy is tethered 4 times a day for half hr at least to yap like fook i dont hold much hope for that either sad

HecateQueenOfWitches Tue 30-Nov-10 17:43:26

Sadly, she probably won't even notice the fish is gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now