Talk

Advanced search

Should I let dcs have Christmas presents early?

(10 Posts)
schroeder Sun 28-Nov-10 20:43:09

We've got the dcs a sledge each for christmas,nothing fancy just cheap plastic things.

They've both been saying how much they want to go sledging today <guilt>.

Would you let them have them? After all there might not be any snow after Christmas.

But ds(12) is likely to get a lot of cash presents for Christmas as he wants to get himself an IPod, so the sledge was partly to make his pressie pile look a bit more healthy.confused

so what would you do?

YourCallIsImportant Sun 28-Nov-10 20:45:57

Yes, I'd definitely give them sledges now. They'll love you for it.

kitbit Sun 28-Nov-10 20:47:47

I'd give it to them and go to the £ shop to fluff out ds's pressies a bit if there isn't much to open!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 28-Nov-10 20:48:32

absolutly give it to them!

harecare Sun 28-Nov-10 20:51:10

Definitely. If you hadn't got the sledges as presents you'd probably be thinking about getting one in this weather anyway.

psychomum5 Sun 28-Nov-10 20:51:36

I would give them now...they will love it, and as you say, the snow might be gone to never return once xmas comes!

5inthebed Sun 28-Nov-10 20:52:07

I would, snow is no fun if you don't have a sledge.

onimolap Sun 28-Nov-10 20:53:15

I would let them have them early, if they're old enough to understand that this is an extra-special treat and it means a pressie fewer on The Day.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 28-Nov-10 20:58:41

I would. I got a couple of cheap plastic sledges a month ago - if it snows before xmas I am getting them out, if it doesn't then I am going to put all their pressies in the sledges at the end of their beds.

ChippyMinton Sun 28-Nov-10 21:22:20

I'd let them have the sledges.
I bought one the other day. If it snows i'll get it out, if not I was planning to put it under the Xmas tree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now