Talk

Advanced search

worried about woman with children

(4 Posts)
Lucifera Tue 23-Nov-10 16:54:54

A woman got on my bus just now, with 4 DCs, youngest under 2 I'd say in buggy, two aged perhaps 4 and 6 who went upstairs, and oldest around 8 or 9. Woman had a bit of a barny with driver getting on because someone already in buggy space but she managed to get on and squeeze in, I was standing next to her and buggy and 8yo girl. I spoke to woman, offered to move so she could stand next to buggy, she didn't answer me, bowed her head down, looked very ill, was v pale, thin, tbh I thought drugs but am no expert. The older girl started to cry quietly saying mum, don't, you're frightening me; woman was trying to reassure her, stroking her hand, I said, it's OK, is mummy very tired, woman mumbled, I'm not well. I asked if I could help, she said no, mumbled to child about going to doctor. I was only on bus with them for about 3 stops, then I got off, was v worried about all of them, worried she was in charge of a buggy and 3 other kids, she seemed so out of it, and noticed lo in buggy had huge bruise on her forehead - tho of course toddlers get bruises all the time. Couldn't think what I could or should do. WWYD? Please someone reply!

wannaBe Tue 23-Nov-10 16:57:56

realistically there's nothing you can do since you don't know the woman or where she lives. and she might be ill as one off - maybe she has a partner at home..

SparklingExplosionGoldBrass Tue 23-Nov-10 16:58:04

Unless you have some idea of who the woman is or where she lives, I don't think there'sa lot you can do. THough if you live in a small town or small village, you could look out for the woman again, perhaps try to make friends?Even if you do live in a small town, she may only have been visiting the area.

Lucifera Tue 23-Nov-10 17:02:45

oh thank you both for replying - I'm in London and I think they were local because the girl said to mum "oh there's my teacher!" so I was peering down the bus trying to see if she meant teacher was on bus but couldn't see anyone looking up. I think most lkely mum had just picked them up from school. No you're right, realistically I can't do anything, but I will keep an eye out for them again. Was just so sad seeing the child so upset and anxious.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: